Sunday 22 June 2014

Pixels and Paper June Challenge; rainy day memories

June inspiration

As soon as I saw this image on the Pixels and Paper blog (which can be found here:
http://pixelsandpaperchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/2014_06_01_archive.html )
I knew I had the perfect photo to work with, from a photoshoot I'd done with my daughter a few years ago just after a rainstorm.



I created a mixed-media project with my beloved homemade texture paste, some mist and paint, and bits and pieces from my stash, including Maya Road butterflies, metal pieces and flowers from Prima and Flying Unicorn. I've had that red lace paper for ages and love how eyecatching it is! I painted all the metal, chippies, and flowers grey to match the corrugate efore misting (what a great way to use up weird-coloured or mismatched embellies!!)

Thanks so much for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. beautiful work love all the charms thanks for joining us at P&P challenge blog this month xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right Lynne - THE perfect photo for this challenge and what a gorgeous page you have created to showcase it. Thank you for sharing with us on Paper and Pixels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an absolutely delightful page. Love all of your textured surfaces, embellies and the stunning photo. It certainly was the perfect one for this challenge. Thank you for joining in at Pixels and Paper. I am looking forward to seeing more of your art. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic mixed media page Lynne, I love all the details. Thank you for playing along with our challenge at Pixels and Paper and I hope to see your work again :)

    ReplyDelete