Monday 29 June 2015

Sunshine Shadowbox for Scraps of Elegance and Gina's Designs

hi! Ever get a line from a song stuck in your head that you can't get rid of no matter what? Lynne here with a shadowbox project inspired by one of those lines (some people call it an "earworm" when that happens, but that expression kind of creeps me out, as I'm not a huge fan of slithery things!)



I used the lovely June Scraps of Elegance kit, "Stephanie's Treasure" for this project-the sunny colours of the papers and florals inspired me.
The pretty chipboard shadowbox and other pieces are from Gina's Designs; the sun I covered with coordinating paper and inked the edges. The bird piece was  dry-embossed, then painted and inked it to add dimensional colour. The lattice heart and small flourish were painted with acrylic paints.


 The fussy-cut butterflies and bright florals added to the theme; the adorable glass squirrels are just a personal touch by "Scrappy Squirrel"!! The cheesecloth made me think of floating clouds and the song lyrics just plain make me happy! Have yourself a happy, sunshiny day, and thanks heaps for stopping by!

Gina's Products Used

Other Products Used
Blue Fern and Craft and You Design papers
Prima flowers
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Doodlebug Designs alphas

No comments:

Post a Comment