Sunday 26 July 2015

Scraps of Elegance DT projects-"love" layout and birthday card/bag

hi there and happy Sunday! Today I'm sharing two projects-well, technically three, since one is a set-and these are all created with the wonderfully versatile July Scraps of Elegance kit, "Patricia's Memoirs".

I love woodgrain papers and was thrilled to find one in my paper pack; I love the effect of it combined with pink:



I had a great time stencilling with my homemade texture paste, and added a little stamping as well (using small stamps that were included in the kit)



Most of the roses were from a previous Scraps of Elegance kit (I love how often they combine beautifully) and the metal flowers are from this month's kit.


My second project is a birthday card and gift bag again made with the July kit:


I stitched along the center of the card front and then curved the paper, stuffing it with paper tubes to create the book shape. The inside is a basic pop-up design.






I repeated the banner design on the bag with the same papers and fiber to make the two pieces coordinate

                                                 


                                          closeups:



You can find Scraps of Elegance kits at: http://www.scrapsofdarkness.com/

Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a terrific and creative week!


No comments:

Post a Comment