Monday 13 March 2017

Tie-Dyed Sheep art journal page for Gypsy Soul Lasercuts

Hey there crafters! Hope all is well in your world. I had the opportunity to take a class with the delightfully quirky Dyan Reavely in the fall, and she gave out some fun colouring cards. I coloured one and cut it up to use on this page and had a blast "personalizing" it.



The background was made in Dyan's class with paint, baby wipes, stamps and stencils. I then added some texture paste, Dew Drops and netting for texture before I broke out the chipboard. There are so many underwater-themed goodies in the Gypsy Soul store that were perfect for this project.

I love the cute octopus;  I  ran it through an embossing folder (leopard print I believe), painted it with acrylic paint , then rubbed moss green ink along the edges. As a finishing touch I added some rub-on eyes from my stash.


The lobster was primed with acrylic paint, then painted with Tattered Angels mist in Rouge.I brushed on a little Glossy Accents for a shiny finish.


The umbrella from the Seaside Decor set was a perfect finishing touch for my "mermaid self" to use as a tie-dyed parasol. After priming it with gesso, I rubbed different colours of ink onto it, blending a little where they met.I stamped a swirly design over the whole thing and heat-embossed it with a pearly off-white embossing powder.



The waves were painted pale blue, then I brushed them with blue glitter paint...easy peasy, but just right for a whimsical page.



Thanks a bunch for stopping by, and be sure to take the time to get in touch with your inner "tie-dyed sheep"-she might be a lot of fun!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED

Seaside Decor shape set-umbrella and wave
Ocean Creatures Small-octopus
Beach Shape Set-lobster

OTHER ITEMS USED

Dyan Reavely paints, stencils, stamps and colouring card
netting from onion bag
Robin's Nest Dew Drops
Prima and Crafter's workshop stencils

No comments:

Post a Comment